Let March re-define your health.
While you thank God for the grace of life, it will be necessary you sit down and evaluate how you are utilizing the gracious lifeline God has giving you. Are you managing your body well enough? Lots of people are suffering from preventable chronic diseases and sicknesses which is basically as a result of poor management of their health.
Certainly everyone wish to live a healthy life but not everyone is taking deliberate steps to achieving it. Too often than none, lots of people do not pay attention to their health until it is beginning to fail or has even failed them. Healthy living does involve deliberate efforts.
If you’re trying to live a healthier life, making the necessary changes in your diet and lifestyle is up to you. Whether you have health issue or not, you can heal, prevent and/or reduce plausibility of getting sick.
#EatToHealth is challenging you to make this March a defining month for your health and that of your loved ones. We want to guide you to healthy living. We want you to march down your diseases/sicknesses and then march on to healthy living.
Below is highlight of how you can live healthier in the month of March and beyond:
- Know Your Health Status: It is very helpful for you to know your health status. This is the genesis of healthy living. Know the state of your body so you know what you are fighting or preventing. You cannot embark on a journey without knowing your destination.
- Drink Enough Water: Drinking Water Helps Maintain the Balance of Body Fluids.The functions of these bodily fluids include digestion, absorption, circulation, creation of saliva, transportation of nutrients, and maintenance of body temperature.
- Exercise Regularly: The importance of exercise cannot be over emphasized. The tissue cells of which the body is composed require daily stimulation to maintain their elasticity and pliability.
- Eat Fruits And Vegetables: they are rich in vitamins and minerals that help you feelhealthy and energized. They are also rich in anti-oxidants which helps boost immune system. They are referred to as living foods (especially when not boiled or exposed to any heat). You need more of living foods to keep living.
- Eat Fibre Rich Foods: Fiber plays an essential role in your digestive, heart, and skin health, and may improve blood sugar control, weight management, and more
- Drink healthy teas: Most healthyteas are rich in antioxidants that can improve the function of your body and brain. They help burn fat and cholesterol, enhance blood circulation, improve heart health etc
- Stress Less, Rest Well: Body restoration occurs during rest. According to Harvard Medical School, benefits of restinclude increased concentration, memory function and overall mood. Of course, sleep is so important to your general rest and well-being
- Replace white sugar with natural sweeteners such as honey, black strap molasses, brown sugar etc. Also replace table salt with sea salt. White Sugar and table salt have been researched to weaken immune system when consumed over a long period of time. They are linked to diabetes, hypertension, Arthritis, nervous breakdown etc
- Avoid Processed Foods: which contains harmful chemicals in form of preservatives, colouring, sweeteners etc Go for fresh foods instead.
- Avoid Soft Drinks, Alcohol, Cigarette: Soft drinks are not soft on your body sytem. Studies has shown that they cause lots of damages including excess weight gain (Obesity), Type II Diabetes, heart problem, weakening of bones due to high phosphate etc
- Be Happy And Keep Your Mind Free From Grudges, Offenses: positive thoughts actually induce the production of chemicals in our bodies that enhance immunity, cell repair, and building strength. studies have shown thathappy people live longer and healthier lives.
- Be More Intune With God: There is the God-factor in life. God is the giver of life and has the final say over all. Being close to God will make you enjoy his promises of good health and prevent you from bad lifestyle that are detrimental to your health e.g smoking, alcohol, fornication and adultery etc Being intune with God will make you enjoy supernatural health.
Visit our website www.eattohealth.com.ng to view and order wide range of healthier food alternatives. You can also reach out to us for personal counseling or consultation on any health issue at all. We are passionate and committed to your wellness.
Yours in Wellness
BukkyGbenro Falohun (BGF)
Family, Life and Health Coaches